Friday, January 31, 2014

WV water crisis!

Water Contamination by Brenda W. To me this new development is scary, the whole thing was crazy to begin with but now that there are dangerous chemicals such as Formaldehyde it just makes the situation worse. She is saying that they are advising pregnant women not to drink the water, but what about the ones who already have? If their babies are born with any kind of defects they could likely be sued. I couldn’t imagine being in any of the areas affected by this. I have family and friends in one of the counties that was affected. My best friend said that FEMA was giving out water and they had to go to her uncle’s house to take showers since he has well water. It really made me feel bad for the older people who possibly wasn’t able to go out to get fresh water and for those families who are less fortunate. I heard from my mom and girlfriend that the water company wasn’t going to charge them for a certain amount of water used but it turns out it was only five dollars being deducted from their bill. I had watched videos of people catching their water on fire and it’s crazy to think that the water you depend on every day is flammable. I strongly believe that they should take more off people’s bills because they had to go a week without water. Hopefully if this is to happen again they will be more generous and do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment